Saturday, November 17, 2007

Blessing in Disguise?

This past Wednesday, I was laid off from my job as an electrician with Cache Valley Electric. Mostly, I welcomed the break and the opportunity to devote my time to finding a career that I feel better suited for. I had already applied for a job at ARUP (medical lab) working graveyards, 10 hour shifts, 7 on 7 off. Who'd complain about a week-long weekend? I could work seven days straight for that. Anyway, the pay's a little less than I got as a "sparky" but it's worth it for the awesome tuition reimbursement (they're part of the University of Utah) and the money I'll save car-pooling with my wife and mom (who already work there).

Just today, I got a phone interview for the job and she said she'd get back to me on which positions I could personally interview for. Here's hoping.

0 comments: